As of June 2011, Walmart’s presence in Missouri includes:
Average store size (national average)
Supercenter: 182,000 sq. ft. with approx. 142,000 items
Discount Store: 106,000 sq. ft. with approx. 120,000 items
Neighborhood Market: 38,000 sq. ft. with approx. 29,000 items
Sam’s Club: 132,000 sq. ft. with approx. 5,500 items
- As of June 2011, the total number of Walmart associates in Missouri is 43,281.
- As of June 2011, the average wage for regular, full-time hourly associates in Missouri is $12.24 per hour (Walmart Discount Stores, Supercenters, and Neighborhood Markets). Additionally, eligible associates receive an annual incentive based on the company performance.
- Associates that contribute to the 401(k) Plan will receive a dollar for dollar match from Walmart of up to 6 percent of pay.
- In FYE 2011, Walmart spent $7,179,249,409.00 for merchandise and services with 1,464 suppliers in the state of Missouri. As a result of Walmart’s relationship with these suppliers, Walmart supports 71,694 supplier jobs in the state of Missouri. Click here to see a complete list of local suppliers.
- Supplier figures provided by Dun & Bradstreet.
Taxes and Fees
- Walmart collected on behalf of the state of Missouri more than $521.5 million in sales taxes in FYE 2011.
- Walmart paid more than $63.1 million in state and local taxes in the state of Missouri in FYE 2011.
In 2010, Walmart stores, Sam’s Club locations and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $21.4 million in cash and in-kind donations to local organizations in the communities they serve in the state of Missouri. Through additional funds donated by customers, and Walmart and Sam’s Club associates throughout the state, the retailer’s contributions in Missouri totaled more than $23.8 million.